Ubuntu Plastics was established in 2003 by Kevin Dean in an ownership capacity, manufacturing fabricated PVC fittings for the Irrigation, Civil, Mining and Industrial markets. In 2009, Ubuntu Plastics purchased Cape Town based Boseng to strengthen their product offering. Boseng was initially established by Eddie Bosman in 1972, and is to date the oldest PVC fabricator in South Africa. In 2013, Ubuntu Plastics invested in equipment to manufacture HDPE fittings, and set up a factory in Roodekop, Germiston.
With a proven track record, Ubuntu Plastics caught the attention of Dawn Holdings, who eventually purchased shares in Ubuntu Plastics, and welcomed the company into the Dawn Group. 2014 saw the construction of a new factory facility to manage the growth experienced in the manufacture of the PVC product line, which materialised on the same site as the HDPE plant in Germiston. In 2015, the company purchased assets in Stubco to manufacture stub ends for the HDPE piping and fittings market.
The company is IFPA approved, with a Level 4 BEE rating.
Our Vision and Future
Ubuntu Plastics and Boseng have a very simple and straight forward business protocol when it comes to our company ethos, service and product delivery.
- To ensure we adhere to the highest quality standards and systems, which reflect on our product quality and delivery.
- That the company continues to provide a standard that is world class, and adhere to quality practices and performance that deliver continuous improvement.
- We retain the highest level of customer service throughout all aspects of our business and exceed expectations.
- We continue to adapt and embrace innovative technology in our processes and ultimate product delivery.
- We act in a responsible manner that embraces social and environmental issues.
For any enquiries and quotations feel free to contact us